Friday, October 31, 2008

What's the proper etiquette here?

So the Save the Dates went out - check. We have heard from 3 couples that they will not be able to make it (wheew, we way over booked that flight!). Here's my question: do I still send them invitations?

I don't want it to seem like I am now just asking for a gift but I didn't know if for some reason it is rude not to send the invite now?


Oh yeah, and Happy Halloween! I am working from home today and just realized that I have NO candy. Eeek!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a great question...I would probably not send them invites (although I believe Miss Post would disagree). I'd be curious as to what others have to say...

Have a great week!

LauraAnn said...

I would send them an invite just as a courtesy. I already know that there is some family that definitely won't be able to make it but I am still going to send invites just to let them know that we are thinking of them.

Though when I get into the expenses of invites I may rethink this!

Mrs. in May said...

yeah, I can see the proper etiquette working for both sides here. Like those who I know can't make it, I don't want to just write them off, but like I said, I also don't want them thinking I am just looking for a gift.

Hannah said...

I would probably send them invitations just so they know we DO care about them, even if they can't make it.

How far out in advance did you send your save the dates?

Mrs. in May said...

I sent my save the dates out about 6 months in advance. I had them about 8 months before and probably should have sent them out then but procrastinated big time and had a hard time getting everyone's address.